Saturday, October 8, 2011

First Snow in Wyoming!

Hi y'all!

It's snowing!! In early October, which seems crazy early but apparently is really late for the first snow of the season. I know that in a few months, I'll be totally sick of the snow, but for now, it's pretty exciting.

Having lived in the south for so long, a snow day feels like a vacation, an excuse not to leave the house all day, because everything would be closed anyway. I think I'm gonna have to get over that idea- I have to go to work today! Here are a few pictures (and a video!) for you to enjoy while you bask in your 70 degree fall weather. Try to control your jealousy.

Love, Carly

Warm and dry in my new parka

Anna LOVES the snow!
I think the growing season is officially over.
Morning accumulation, and it's not supposed to stop for another 8 hours.

Snow on green leaves



4 comments:

  1. Hmm, I always tell students in Athens that I miss the snow of the North. But maybe not that much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! I can't wait to visit. Maybe we'll have to bring the Magster too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely, Irene! Maggie and Anna would have so much fun playing in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy monkeys I can't believe you have snow!!! It was 80 degrees here in Virginia! haha

    ReplyDelete